Cheerleading Squad, Rice University
From left to right: Albert Kidd, Lou Bertch and Bill Neal. Originally called yell leaders, cheerleading started in 1916. The squad was male-only until 1953. In April of that year, Jane Ryba, Joan Ryba, and Carolyn Thomas were elected as the first female cheerleaders.
Three uniformed members of the Rice University cheerleading squad, posing together. From left to right, Albert Kidd, Lou Bertch, and Bill Neal. Original resource is a black and white photograph.
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/77266
RightsRights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license. Permission to examine physical and digital collection items does not imply permission for publication. Fondren Library’s Woodson Research Center / Special Collections has made these materials available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any uses beyond the spirit of Fair Use require permission from owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See http://library.rice.edu/guides/publishing-wrc-materials
Link to Licensehttp://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
MetadataShow full item record
- People