Dr. Bill Akers in laboratory, Rice Institute
Professor William W. Akers, of the Department of the Chemical Engineering, William M. Rice Institute, conducting research on building an artificial heart at Baylor College of Medicine. Akers is wearing a tie and a short sleeved white shirt, and is manipulating a series of valves connected to a laboratory rack. Another researcher can be seen behind him. Original resource is a color 35mm slide.
Dr. William W. Akers, Professor Emeritus of the Chemical Engineering Department, served the Rice Institute from 1955 to 1965 as chair of the chemical engineering department and directed research with Baylor College of Medicine that produced the first artificial heart.
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/76011
MetadataShow full item record
- People