Rice Institute Mechanical Lab and Power House exterior, with path leading to entrance
A view of the William M. Rice Institute Mechanical Laboratories, and the tower of the Power Plant, as seen along a tree and hedge-lined walkway. A sculpted shrub is the centerpiece of a small circular area outside the entrance of the Laboratories. The arches and cloisters are visible. The photograph was taken by James Carsten, an Institute undergraduate student, in 1942. These details are written on the back of the photograph. Original resource is a black and white photograph.
This photo was given by Rice Institute alumnus James Casten, class of 1942.
Places; Rice University--History; William M. Rice Institute--History; William M. Rice Institute. Mechanical Laboratories; Power-plants--Texas--Houston; More... Hedges--Texas--Houston; Trees--Texas--Houston; Promenades (Pedestrian areas)--Texas--Houston; William M. Rice Institute--Buildings; Arches--Texas--Houston; Cloisters (Architecture)--Texas--Houston; Casten, James; William M. Rice Institute--Students; College buildings--Texas--Houston Less...
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/75984
MetadataShow full item record
- Places