Construction of Abercrombie Hall, Engineering Laboratory Building, Rice Institute
Abercrombie Hall was built from 1947-1948.
Construction, with a worker standing in the yard, a pile of rubble, and the top portion of the Campanile visible in the distance. Written on the lower right-hand corner: "WM. M. Rice Institute Engineering Laboratory Bldg., Staub & Rather, Architects, W. S. Bellows Construction Co., General Contractors, 8-2-48, no. 2300-2, #38". Original resource is black and white photograph.
Places; Rice University--History; William M. Rice Institute. Abercrombie Engineering Laboratory; College buildings--Design and construction--Texas--Houston; Construction projects--Texas--Houston; More... Construction workers--Texas--Houston; Staub and Rather (Firm); William M. Rice Institute. Campanile; William M. Rice Institute--History Less...
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/75366
RightsRights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.Permission to examine physical and digital collection items does not imply permission for publication. Fondren Library’s Woodson Research Center / Special Collections has made these materials available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any uses beyond the spirit of Fair Use require permission from owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See http://library.rice.edu/guides/publishing-wrc-materials
MetadataShow full item record
- Places