Drawing of gold trophy cabinet, Rice Institute
Drawing of a man looking at a display cabinet filled with trophy cups. The glass display case was given to the William M. Rice Institute in 1916 by the founder’s nephew, William Marsh Rice, Jr., at an estimated cost of $2,500. Original resource is a black and white drawing.
The case was a gift to the Rice Institute in 1916 by William Marsh Rice, Jr. (known as “Will Rice”), the nephew of the founder and a long-time Rice board member. It was designed and built by the Boston architectural firm Cram and Ferguson, the designers of Rice’s first buildings. It cost $2,500, an extremely significant amount of money in 1915. It arrived on campus in late 1916 and was placed in the faculty chambers in the Administration Building and was later moved to the RMC. -- Excerpted from Rice Historian's blog, http://ricehistorycorner.com/2011/08/24/trophy-case-part-ii/.
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/75190
MetadataShow full item record
- Places