Gilbert and Sullivan Society Invitation from the Women's Faculty Club, Rice Institute
Milligan, Esther P.
In 1951, a small group of Rice Institute faculty and their wives started the Gilbert and Sullivan Society. Using the resources and talent of the university, the group staged productions of Gilbert and Sullivanâ€™s greatest plays. Performances not only took place at Hamman Hall and Cohen House, but also at the Kinkaid School and local churches.
Invitation to a dinner buffet from the Faculty Women's and Men's Club featuring a singing performance from the Gilbert and Sullivan Society. The date of the event is mentioned, along with the per plate price and the location of Cohen House. The invitation is from Esther P. Milligan, Secretary of the Faculty Women’s Club, and is dated February 2, 1953. The date also appears in handwritten form in the upper left hand corner. A heart design appears at the beginning of the textual invitation. Original resource is a paper document.
People; Rice University--History; Milligan, Esther P.; William M. Rice Institute. Faculty Women's Club; William M. Rice Institute. Faculty Men's Club; More... Gilbert & Sullivan Society of Houston; Women--Societies and clubs; Dinners and dining--Texas--Houston; Invitation cards--Texas--Houston; William M. Rice Institute. Cohen House Less...
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/72167
RightsRights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license. Permission to examine physical and digital collection items does not imply permission for publication. Fondren Library’s Woodson Research Center / Special Collections has made these materials available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any uses beyond the spirit of Fair Use require permission from owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See http://library.rice.edu/guides/publishing-wrc-materials
Link to Licensehttp://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
MetadataShow full item record
- People