Construction of the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory and Campanile (Power House)
The construction of the Mechanical Engineering laboratory and the Campanile. In the foreground are two workhorses, hitched to a wagon from which a number of workers are unloading building materials. The tower appears to be largely complete, with scaffolding rising a third of the way up, while the remainder of the adjoining laboratory building is still in the framing process. Original resource is a black and white photograph.
Places; William M. Rice Institute. Mechanical Laboratories; William M. Rice Institute--Buildings; College buildings--Texas--Houston; William M. Rice Institute. Campanile; More... Power-plants--Design and construction--Texas--Houston; College buildings--Design and construction--Texas--Houston; Construction projects--Texas--Houston; William M. Rice Institute--Buildings--Design and construction; Construction workers--Texas—Houston; Horse-drawn vehicles—Texas—Houston; Horses—Texas—Houston; Wagons—Texas--Houston Less...
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/72127
RightsRights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.Permission to examine physical and digital collection items does not imply permission for publication. Fondren Library’s Woodson Research Center / Special Collections has made these materials available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any uses beyond the spirit of Fair Use require permission from owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See http://library.rice.edu/guides/publishing-wrc-materials
MetadataShow full item record
- Places