Construction of Keith Wiess Geological Laboratories, Rice Institute
Brown, Russell K.
A back view of the construction of the Keith-Wiess Geological Laboratories. The three-story structure is substantially completed on the right hand side, with the left remaining open. The small structure on the rooftop is partially visible. The cab of a construction vehicle is parked in the field beside the building, and in the foreground can be seen tire tracks which have churned up the muddy entrance to the site. Original resource is a black and white photograph.
Construction of the Keith Wiess Geological Laboratories was completed in 1958 by Pierce and Pierce Architects and General Contractor Marshall Construction Co.
Places; Rice University--History; William M. Rice Institute--History; William M. Rice Institute. Keith-Wiess Geological Laboratories; William M. Rice Institute--Buildings; More... College buildings--Design and construction--Texas--Houston; Construction projects--Texas--Houston; Trucks--Texas--Houston Less...
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/71801
MetadataShow full item record
- Places