Construction of Keith Wiess Geological Laboratories, Rice Institute
Starnes, Harry L.
A side view of the construction of the Keith-Wiess Geological Laboratories. The three-story structure is partially completed, and girders and structural beams are visible in one section, alongside the completed brick façade of another. A shaded walkway with a scalloped roof design extends from the building into the left foreground of the image. Building materials and rubble can be seen on the ground. Original resource is a black and white photograph.
Construction of the Keith Wiess Geological Laboratories was completed in 1958 by Pierce and Pierce Architects and General Contractor Marshall Construction Co.
Places; Rice University--History; William M. Rice Institute--History; William M. Rice Institute. Keith-Wiess Geological Laboratories; William M. Rice Institute--Buildings; More... College buildings--Design and construction--Texas--Houston; Construction projects--Texas--Houston; Sidewalks--Texas--Houston Less...
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/71800
MetadataShow full item record
- Places