Construction of Keith Wiess Geological Laboratories, Rice Institute
Skeletal structure of the Keith-Wiess Geological Laboratories. Girders can be seen rising from the construction platform, along with an immense crane, with cables descending across the middle of the image. Construction workers are visible on the platform, and the base is covered with supplies and building materials. The power plant is visible in the middle distance. Original resource is a black and white photograph.
This image comes from the construction photo album for Keith Wiess Geological Laboratories. The building was completed in 1958 by Pierce and Pierce Architects and General Contractor Marshall Construction Co.
Places; Rice University--History; William M. Rice Institute--History; William M. Rice Institute. Keith-Wiess Geological Laboratories; William M. Rice Institute--Buildings; More... College buildings--Design and construction--Texas--Houston; Power-plants--Texas--Houston; Cranes, derricks, etcs.--Texas--Houston; Construction projects--Texas--Houston; Construction workers--Texas--Houston Less...
Citable link to this pagehttp://hdl.handle.net/1911/71798
MetadataShow full item record
- Places