The interior of the Power Plant. On the left is a bank of controls (gauges and levers). In the middle there is a flywheel for the engine with a dampener or balancer on the front. Two men are standing beside the machinery. "Schleuter, Houston, 4-4-14" is written at the bottom. Original resource is a black and white photograph.
Schleuter, Frank J. (photographer). "Power Plant interior and machinery with Mr. Dennis." (1914) Rice University: http://hdl.handle.net/1911/71143.
The Power House was the first building constructed on campus, in order to facilitate further construction.
Places; William M. Rice Institute; Power-plants--Texas--Houston; Rice University--History
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Rights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.