Women are standing around and talking while having tea at the Autry House. The women are all wearing dresses and hats. The photograph was taken from slightly above. Original resource is a black and white photograph.
"Tea at Autry House." (1927) Rice University: http://hdl.handle.net/1911/71141.
Autry House was the first proper gathering place for Rice students. It was named for the late James Lockhart Autry and opened in September 1921. Palmer Memorial Church next door was originally dedicated as a student chapel but within two years was established as a parish church.
Events; William M. Rice Institute; Autry House (Houston, Tex.); Tea--Texas--Houston; Rice University--History
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Rights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.