Two custom carvings featuring designs of water and earth, Chemistry Lab, Rice University
Two stone carvings of the alchemical symbols for water and earth. The symbols are located above and between the exterior archways into Keck Hall at Rice Institute. Original resource is a color 35 mm slide.
This slide is a part of the "A Walking Tour of Rice University" slide presentation. The original glass plate negatives were given to James C. Morehead, Jr. by William Ward Watkin for use in Morehead's construction class. The glass slides generally show the construction of several buildings at Rice, including Lovett Hall, the physics building, the mechanical laboratory, power house, the chemistry building, and the football stadium.
Places; William M. Rice Institute. Keck Hall; Alchemy--Texas--Houston; Signs and symbols--Texas--Houston; Rice University--History
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/71036
MetadataShow full item record
- Places