Custom carving featuring design of Copper/Venus, Chemistry Lab, Rice University
This slide is a part of the "A Walking Tour of Rice University" slide presentation. The original glass plate negatives were given to James C. Morehead, Jr. by William Ward Watkin for use in Morehead's construction class. The glass slides generally show the construction of several buildings at Rice, including Lovett Hall, the physics building, the mechanical laboratory, power house, the chemistry building, and the football stadium.
Brick design on an archway surrounding a painted carving of the alchemical symbol of Copper and Venus. The design is located in Keck Hall at Rice Institute. Original resource is a color 35 mm slide.
Places; William M. Rice Institute. Keck Hall; Alchemy--Texas--Houston; Signs and symbols--Texas--Houston; Rice University--History
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/71032
RightsRights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license. Permission to examine physical and digital collection items does not imply permission for publication. Fondren Library’s Woodson Research Center / Special Collections has made these materials available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any uses beyond the spirit of Fair Use require permission from owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See http://library.rice.edu/guides/publishing-wrc-materials
Link to Licensehttp://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
MetadataShow full item record
- Places