Stone carving featuring architect William Ward Watkin, Chemistry Lab, Rice University
Stone carving on a column that is located in Keck Hall at Rice Institute and depicts William Ward Watkin. Original resource is a color 35 mm slide.
This slide is a part of the "A Walking Tour of Rice University" slide presentation by James C. Morehead, Jr. The original glass plate negatives were given to Morehead by Rice's first Supervising Architect, William Ward Watkin, for use in Morehead's construction class. The glass slides show the construction of several buildings at Rice, including Lovett Hall, the Physics Building, the Mechanical Laboratory, Power House, the Chemistry Building, and the Football Stadium.
Places; William M. Rice Institute. Keck Hall; Watkin, William Ward, 1886-1952; Rice University--History
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/71001
MetadataShow full item record
- Places