Stone carving featuring Chemistry 100 student, Chemistry Building, Rice University
This slide is a part of the "A Walking Tour of Rice University" slide presentation by James C. Morehead, Jr. The original glass plate negatives were given to Morehead by Rice's first Supervising Architect, William Ward Watkin, for use in Morehead's construction class. The glass slides show the construction of several buildings at Rice, including Lovett Hall, the Physics Building, the Mechanical Laboratory, Power House, the Chemistry Building, and the Football Stadium.
Stone carving of a student inspecting the mouth of a snake that is on a column in Keck Hall at Rice Institute. Original resource is a color 35 mm slide.
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/70989
RightsRights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.Permission to examine physical and digital collection items does not imply permission for publication. Fondren Library’s Woodson Research Center / Special Collections has made these materials available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any uses beyond the spirit of Fair Use require permission from owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See http://library.rice.edu/guides/publishing-wrc-materials
MetadataShow full item record
- Places