Jim West Mansion interior before renovation: bathroom
Black and white photograph of a bathroom in the Jim West Mansion during renovation. The bathroom walls and floor are tiled, with a bathtub in the center of the image, a corner of a sink to the left, and a shower with a glass door to the right. A robe hook is visible in the upper left foreground and a light switch in the right foreground. There is a small pile of debris on the floor beside the bathtub.
Jim West Mansion was built in Clear Lake in the late 1920s by Houston architect Joseph Finger. The property is located at on 3303 NASA Parkway, adjacent to the current site of the Johnson Space Center. Humble Oil purchased the property from the West estate in 1953, then donated it to Rice University eight years later. The mansion housed the Lunar Science Institute (what later became the Lunar and Planetary Institute) from 1969-1991. Rice again took possession of the mansion, then later sold it to the Pappas family, who sold it to Hakeem Olajuwon in 2006.
Citable link to this pagehttp://hdl.handle.net/1911/64773
MetadataShow full item record
- Places