Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) members with Sarah Lane, at Rice Institute
Black and white photograph of a line of six women facing the camera and standing at attention, wearing Rice Institute Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) cadet uniforms. The picture was taken outside the Physics Building. The woman on the far left is Christine Schultz, and the fourth woman from the left is Sarah Lane.
In 1917 Rice Institute was granted a unit of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC), under the terms of the National Defense Act of June 3, 1916. All students, women included, were required to belong to the corps. -- from pages 71-72 of A History of Rice University: The Institute Years, 1907- 1963, by Fredericka Meiners.
Citable link to this pagehttp://hdl.handle.net/1911/63968
MetadataShow full item record
- People