Color photograph of Hanszen College's cornerstone. The cornerstone is carved with the year, the Rice Shield, and an English inscription which reads "O Vision of These Early Days O Spirit of Our Years of Faith O Truth & Justice in Alliance With Freedom Soul of Art & Science and Beauty Truth's Undying Wraith Go With Our Sons on All Their Ways."
The original Hanszen College building was built in 1916 as "West Hall". When residential colleges were established in 1957, it was named for
Harry Clay Hanszen, member and chairman of the Rice Board of Governors (1946-1950). Forms part of the original ("old") Hanszen building.
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Rights to this material belong to Rice University. This digital version is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.