Man and woman looking at damage from fire at Hanszen College, Rice University (photograph)
In 1975, tragedy struck Hanszen College when the Commons burned to the ground. It seems that a large pile of mattresses put there while renovating Old Section was ignited, possibly by a worker's cigarette.
Black and white photograph of two people looking at the damage caused by the Commons burning down. The exterior of the building and burned furniture and mattresses can be seen.
Places; Hanszen College--Fire, 1975; Rice University--History
Citable link to this pagehttps://hdl.handle.net/1911/63469
RightsThe copyright holder for this material is either unknown or unable to be found. This material is being made available by Rice University for non-profit educational use under the Fair Use Section of US Copyright Law.Permission to examine physical and digital collection items does not imply permission for publication. Fondren Library’s Woodson Research Center / Special Collections has made these materials available for use in research, teaching, and private study. Any uses beyond the spirit of Fair Use require permission from owners of rights, heir(s) or assigns. See http://library.rice.edu/guides/publishing-wrc-materials
MetadataShow full item record
- Places