Photographs and newsclippings related to sports at Rice from the earliest days to late 20th century.
They include football, baseball, track & field, volleyball, swimming, archery, and more. There are team photos, individual photos of players and coaches, action shots, views of locations where games are played, uniforms, and more. The sports are at the formal university team level as well as intramural sports among colleges at Rice.
These materials are just a sampling from various physical collections in the Woodson Research Center, such as:
- the Athletic Department records (call# UA 155),
- the general photo files organized by sport (folder listing online here),
- the Campanile yearbooks,
- the R Association records (call # UA 089),
- Campus Photographer collection (call # UA 188),
- Scrapbooks collection (call # UA 230)
- and other collections.
The student newspaper, the Rice Thresher , can also be searched online full-text for sports information.