The handsome Carnegie Library, built in the Italian Renaissance style of architecture, stands at the corner of Travis and McKinney Streets. The corner stone was laid May 1st, 1902, and Mr. Andrew Carnegie gave $50,000 toward its erection. The Presbyterian Church, situated at the corner of Main and McKinney Streets, is of Roman and old Gothic architecture. The corner stone was laid Sept. 3d, 1894, and the cost of construction was about $110,000. [From back of postcard]. This date was approximated by researching the building or site depicted on the postcard, or by examining the appearance of the postcard itself.
"Carnegie Library and Presbyterian Church, Houston, Texas.." (1900) Special Collections, University of Houston Libraries: http://hdl.handle.net/1911/37005.
Special Collections, University of Houston Libraries