W. Leland Anderson and Dr. Ernst Bertner
W. Leland Anderson and Dr. Ernst Bertner at a podium. Both men are dressed in tuxedos and both have papers in their hands.
Dr. Bertner, one of founders of the Texas Medical Center in Houston Texas, was its first President from 1945 to 1950. He was also the acting director for the first four years of the existence of the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Bertner was active in leading many medical organizations and institutions in the first half of the 20th century in Texas and in the nation. W. Leland Anderson was vice-president of Anderson-Clayton and Company and one of the first Directors for the Texas Medical Center.