Speech to Baylor University College of Medicine Faculty, February 8, 1948 by Dr. Ernst W. Bertner about the status of the Texas Medical Center
AuthorBertner, Ernst W.
In this speech as a representative of the Texas Medical Center (TMC) Trustees to the faculty of the Baylor College of Medicine, Dr. Bertner stresses the importance of cooperation among the institutions in the TMC. He discusses the collaborative ventures such as Central Outpatient Clinic and Psychological Institute and how all institutions will benefit. He recognizes the importance of the medical education provided by the Faculty to the growth of the TMC and its work to improve health care. In his closing remarks he informs them that street lights are being installed and construction will start on the University of Texas Dental School and the M.D. Anderson Hospital for Cancer Research. He also notes that "Harris Gully is being cleared and we have every reason to expect federal action soon on flood control for Brays Bayou."