Speech to Garden Club Federation, May 17, 1946 by Dr. Ernst W. Bertner about the status of the Texas Medical Center and a request for their assistance
Bertner, Ernst W.
In this speech to the women of the Garden Club Federation, Dr. Bertner gives them an update on the developments of the Texas Medical Center. He includes information about the hospitals (Hermann, Methodist, St. Luke's Episcopal, M.D. Anderson Hospital for Cancer Research and the Tuberculosis Hospital) and the teaching programs by the University of Houston, University of Texas and Baylor University for doctors, dentists and nurses. He notes the participation of Rice Institute, the U.S. Naval Hospital and Veteran's Hospital and development of the Central Clinic for indigent outpatients and the Harris County Medical Society library building. Finally he requests their assistance in making the Texas Medical Center "one of the show places of Houston" with the addition of "shrubbery and bright flowers."
Three typed pages with some words crossed out. There are two punched holes at top which were made for filing purposes.