The United Orthodox Synagogues records include materials from the three synagogues that merged in the mid-sixties to form U.O.S. - Congregation Adath Emeth, Congregation Beth Jacob, and Congregation Adath Israel - as well as post-merger materials. The collection contains books, bulletins, correspondence, event materials, financial records, flyers, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, photographs, plaques, programs, scrapbooks, videos, and yearbooks, which document the formation and history of the United Orthodox Synagogues from 1935 to 2008. For more information about the collection please contact staff at the Woodson Research Center at 713-348-2586 or woodson@rice.edu. Permission to publish from the United Orthodox Synagogues records must be obtained from the Woodson Research Center, Rice University (woodson@rice.edu).

Recent Submissions

  • Adath Emeth Scrapbook - N.C.S.Y. Rambam Chapter 

    Congregation Adath Emeth (1963)
    National Council of Synagogue Youth was founded by the Orthodox Union in 1954. The organization provides Jewish teens with a stronger connection to their Jewish roots and encourages a passion for Judaism through events, programs, and education. Congregation Adath Emeth was formed in Houston in 1908 and officially chartered in 1910. The United Orthodox ...