Baytown Jewish Community News, March 2011
Congregation K'nesseth Israel
By 1920, Jewish families that had migrated to the Baytown area during the oil boom in the early twentieth century rented a building to use as a place of worship. In the fall of 1928, Congregation K’nesseth Israel was chartered by twenty Jewish residents. A synagogue was completed in 1930 and the building was listed as a Texas Historical Landmark in 1992. Since the early 1950s the congregation has been without a rabbi and led by lay members.
The newsletter contains information on upcoming activities and events for the Jewish community in Baytown, Texas, created by Congregation K'nesseth Israel.