deposit_your_work

Exterior of Houston Negro Hospital

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
USHMRCMSS0069-204.jp2 3.890Mb image/jp2 Thumbnail

Show full item record

Item Metadata

Title: Exterior of Houston Negro Hospital
Author: Unknown
Abstract: Dr. B. J. Covington and four other Houston doctors established Houston Negro Hospital in 1926. At its dedication in 1926, Isaiah Milligan Terrell was made the first superintendent and in 1928 would be made "superintendent emeritus." (From Handbook of Texas Online)
Description: Houston Negro Hospital located on Elgin and Ennis streets in Houston, Texas. The name of the hospital was later changed to Riverside General Hospital.
Citation: (1926). "Exterior of Houston Negro Hospital."
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1911/36333
Date: 1926-01-01

Rights and Usage

  • This material is to be used for personal or research use only. Any other use, including but not limited to commercial or scholarly reproductions, redistribution, publication, or transmission, whether by electronic means or other wise, without prior written permission is prohibited. Permission to use any material in this manuscript must be obtained from Houston Metropolitan Research Center - Houston Public Library, 500 McKinney St., Houston, TX 77002, 832/393-1658, hpl.archives@cityofhouston.net.

This item appears in the following Collection(s)